Vanderlust Ltd - Rental Terms & Conditions
Please note the following important points
- Insurance excess is €1200.This is pre-authorised on credit card when vehicle is collected and charged if the vehicle is not returned in the same condition in which it was picked up.
- Cleaning charge of €100 is charged if vehicle is not returned in the same condition it was picked up in, applies to (interior)
- There is NO replacement vehicle for damaged vehicles which are undriveable for any reason.
- Current valid clean drivers license must be produced and validated.
- Rental duration is measured in consecutive 24hr periods.
- Please note there is a strict No Smoking policy in place. Any contravention invalidates the Fire Insurance cover making you personally liable in the event of the vehicle suffering fire damage and could result in a police prosecution.
You Must clean the van and empty the toilet and refill the diesel tank!
- Booked and paid for in full by hirer on www.vanderlust.com as per Rental Agreement
- All prices quoted and charged in € Euro.
- Payment is only accepted by credit card (Visa or Mastercard or American Express) or debit card (Laser). See website for credit/debit card surcharges
- Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received
- Vehicles will not be released without valid personal identification being produced
- One deposit payment is pre-authorised by credit card only on collection to determine available funds to cover insurance excess, security deposit and cleaning deposit.
- Minimum rental is 3 days for all Campers
1a. AVAILABILITY & CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
Whilst every effort will be made to supply the model ordered, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle should circumstances dictate.
Vanderlust Ltd shall make every effort to ensure that the vehicle you reserve is available at the agreed time. If for any reason it is not available, we shall endeavor to make another vehicle available without extra cost. BUT if this is not acceptable or another vehicle proves unobtainable, our liability is limited to the refund on any monies paid.
Vanderlust will not supply a replacement vehicle in the event of crash damage to the vehicle, or any damage as a result of driver negligence
The company's camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between Vanderlust and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s)
The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
2. HIRER / DRIVER
- Driver(s) must be aged over 25 years to 70 years
- Driver(s) must hold a valid full driving licence for at least 3 years (UK Licence) or 24 months (European Licence)
- Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties during hire period
- Driver(s) must provide two separate forms of personal identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence.
- Details of all additional driver(s) must be provided on collection of vehicle as above, maximum of one additional driver charged at €10 per day
3. HIRE PERIOD
- 'Hire Period' refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement
- Rental is charged on 24hr basis
- Minimum rental period is 3 days for all vehicles in low season and 7 days in peak season.
- Collection is strictly from time of pickup and returned at same time.
- Collection / Return to agreed location at time of booking or approved depots
- Return to a location not agreed in writing will be subject to loss of security deposit. There shall be no refund for early return. Late returns without prior agreement shall be subject to a €50 excess per hour over the agreed time.
- All Seasons - Minimum hire 3 x 24hrs
Pick up and drop off is at any of our approved Depots or pre agreed locations.
Vanderlust Ltd accepts no liability for clients disregarding transfer arrangements and for delays due to circumstances beyond our control.
4. HIRE RATES INCLUDE
- VAT Tax of 13.5% (21% for rentals of 35 plus days)
- Unlimited Mileage
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance for UK and Republic of Ireland for one named driver*
- Cutlery and Kitchen Utensils
* Certain Non EU countries require Consultation with Vanderlust
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Vanderlust to the driver named on the agreement holding a UK/ROI/EU driving Licence. The insurance policy has an excess, that is, clients are responsible for the first €1200 of damage or non rental.
- Insurance for the named driver holding a non-UK/ROI/EU driving license will be charged at an additional €10 per day
- Insurance for one only additional driver is charged at additional €10 per day
- This does not cover cost for replacement or repair of windows, tyre damage or incorrect refuelling (eg: putting petrol into diesel tank) for which the hirer is responsible
- Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates insurance. It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland and is punishable at law
- Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence and is punishable at law
- The theft of a Vanderlust campervan will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
- All accidents involving a third party, details on the third party must be furnished when the vehicle is returned.
- Personal property is not covered while vehicle is unattended.
- The hirer is responsible for the amount of the caution deposit for damage to the motorhome or any third party and associated costs including recovery.
5a. COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW)
An optional insurance charge that reduces the insurance excess can be purchased at time of booking online or on collection of your vehicle.
- CDW at €15.00 per day will reduce the excess for any damage caused in a collision to the vehicle by 50%. The excess is liability is then €600.
- The hirer will however be fully liable for replacement or repair to windows or tyre damage or damage caused due to negligence. Applies in respect of each claim, not Rental.
Security deposit pre authorization.
The hirer is liable to pay the insurance excess of €1200 to cover incidents causing damage. This includes loss of skylights, mirrors, window or windscreen damage, impact with stationary objects, driver negligence, returning late or in an unsatisfactory condition, tyre damage, internal or external bodywork damage etc.
The hirer must notify us immediately of any accidents or mishaps that occur so that we may do everything possible to ensure the next client is not inconvenienced. This is accepted only by credit card (pre-authorised at time of collection).
The security deposit will not be charged when the vehicle is returned at the conclusion of the rental provided.
+ No damage to motorhome or any third party
+ Motorhome vacated on time, clean, refueled & toilet emptied
+ No additional costs have been incurred during the period of rental (see below)
+ The hirer shall be liable for any expenses or costs incurred through violation of traffic laws or regulations including tolls.
Vanderlust reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies
The hirer is liable to pay a cleaning charge which is will be refunded when the Motorhome is returned clean internally together with the toilet also emptied and cleaned. If the cleaning requirements are not met the cleaning charge of €100 is deducted from the security deposit.
It is recommended you visit a campsite on your last night of travel to empty the toilet cassette.
Refund is approved when each of the following has occurred.
Cleaning accessories are located in the cabinets or storage area's
1.Toilet cassette emptied, rinsed and refilled with chemical.
2.Interior floor swept € clean
3.Dashboard and interior surfaces clean
4.Fridge emptied and clean
5. Bathroom and toilet clean
6. Kitchen clean
An inventory of the equipment necessary for you to enjoy your holiday will be furnished and checked with you at the start and end of the hire period.
You are required to sign for these before and after your rental.
An additional fee of €100 euro will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle
6. VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the United Kingdom.
Vanderlust will hold your credit card details for 21 days after the rental agreement finishes in case any traffic violation infringements are presented to Vanderlust for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period.
Vanderlust will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of €10 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
7. USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirers agree that the vehicle will not be:
- Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage
- Driven in a prohibited area
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law
- Driven by persons under the age of 25 or who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading 'Driver details' of the Vanderlust Rental Agreement
- Used to carry more persons than is detailed on the rental agreement
- maximum 4 persons in accordance with provision of seatbelts in a 4 berth Camper
- maximum 6 persons in accordance with provision of seatbelts in a 6 berth Camper
- Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance)
- Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
- Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads. Driving is not permitted on the Connor Pass, County Kerry or on any beaches.
24hr roadside breakdown assistance is currently NOT included with all rentals.
Vehicle recovery and / or transport haulage cost in the event of an accident and callouts relating to Battery, Gas, Water, Toilet incurs a charge of €300.
In the event of a fixable breakdown Vanderlust endeavors to get local assistance as soon as possible but does not guarantee this.
It is the hirers responsibility to complete the accident form where an accident occurs and to notify Vanderlust Ltd. Where any person is injured the Police/Garda Siochana must be contacted. Failure to report an accident or damage to Vanderlust Ltd can result in the loss of all or part of the security deposit. In the event of damage, breakdown or an accident NOT due to hirer negligence which deprives the hirer of the complete use of the vehicle, the liability of Vanderlust Ltd shall be limited to the refund of rental charges for any days lost. Hirer is not entitled to a replacement vehicle in cases of excessive misuse or negligent damage.
8. CANCELLATION BY Vanderlust
Vanderlust reserve the right to cancel a reservation at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- Named Driving License is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions
- Failure to provide funds for insurance excess and caution bond by credit card only
- Over occupancy of vehicle
- Address on driving license does not match billing address if additional proof of id is required
- Hirers from outside UK must provide a valid passport and driving license as proof of id
- Driver fails to show competency in test drive of vehicle.
- Driver fails to show competency in test drive of vehicle
In these circumstances all moneys paid by the hirer shall be forfeited. Vanderlust Ltd reserves the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause. Booking deposit may be refunded in this case.
If any faults or damage to the vehicle are discovered after the rental period commences please notify Vanderlust Ltd by phone. Faults or damage must be reported at the latest on the return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the client must inform Vanderlust Ltd in writing within 14 days.
10. CANCELLATION BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
- 4 weeks to no show: 100% of total hire charge
- 6 weeks to 4 weeks: 50% of total hire charge
- More than 6 weeks before: 20% of total hire charge
Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable.
11. ANIMALS AND PETS
No domestic pets or animals shall be permitted in vehicles. Guide dogs shall normally be accepted. Violation shall incur €100 extra cleaning cost